- Get up early if you want to play.
- Act decisively. Time and resources might seem unlimited, but the person who moves
fastest to maximize what they have always has the advantage.
- Don't sit around waiting for the action to come to you—it will, and
when it does you won't like it.
- Don't waste money on expensive and unnecessary upgrades.
- Don't get fixated on just one project to the detriment of others.
Here's my interview on Park City TV. The cool thing is, it looks like I only used up five of my fifteen minutes of fame. :)
You’ve just hired a photographer to do some work for you. He arrives with a brand-new
and accessories to match.
“Nice!” you say. “That must have really set you back!”
“Naw. There’s no way I could afford all this. I stole it.”
"Ok, honestly? I'm a primate. I don't philosophize much. They feed me, clean my cage, and I'm safe from predators. I sure could use a TV and some smokes, though. Everyone loves a smoking monkey—am I right? Oh, and love the retouch, Doug. Thanks! It's so hard to get a good picture to send home when I'm stuck behind this glass all day."
P.S. As it turns out, I also do retouching for humans. What's better, it's included in your shoot! Talk to me for details.